Thursday, July 21, 2005

RetroPost: Summer has its ups and downs...

{Saved from The Nest} I think my Billy is going to strangle me one of these nights. Not on purpose, just out of exasperation. I know if I were him, I'd be exasperated with me too. I. CANNOT. DEAL. WITH. HEAT. Seeing as I'm a lifelong Nevadan who was born in the middle of summer, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. But no. I can't take it in any form. So nights are the worst for I am a cranky kid without sleep. I doze off slightly just to awake hot and sticky and thirsty all the while ranting and raving and cursing and causing a horrible ruckus that wakes him up. Our little swamp cooler in the living room has been working double time as of late and it seems to only cool down the front room. It might cool down our bedroom, seeing as the little window fan in there does next to nothing, but we have to keep the door closed at night since one precious little kitty likes to pee on laundry (and sometimes beds) and our fabulous black labs want to sleep on our bed... So no. Not to mention their panting drives me up the wall especially when I'm hot and Puka the Farting Dog could wake the dead when she let's one off. There's just no happy medium... Anyway, I DO like summer. Billy, me and my best friend, Missy are all summer babies so at the very least it's a happy kind of celebration season. I just spend a good part of my night with sincere prayers of one day having central air conditioning... ~jilli~

No comments:

Post a Comment