Monday, July 18, 2005

RetroPost: 7.18.05

{Saved from Xanga} This weekend seemed so long, it seemed a mute point to come back to work today. Necessary evil, tho', seeing as we spent a junk load of money as of late. But, hell. It was fun. Missy and I had some girl time of Friday for the first time in forever and it was really amazingly fun. Then, the five of us drank ourselves stupid... Saturday was pretty boring, but I did finish my tarty British book! I did that while half-watching Million Dollar Baby- not my favorite movie ever but it contained the BEST quote ever! "There are no demi-gods, you f*cking pagan!" Hee hee! Anyways, after that I konked out on the floor due to lack of sleeping off the alcohol. The boys started playing some weird linked Gameboy game that they played for like six hours. After my nap, I buckled down to read the Order of the Phoenix. As of the moment, I'm now a little over half way through. When Billy & Kevin go to Carson tonight, I'm going to read my butt off. So yeah. By the end of Saturday, my brain was mush and I was slightly grouchy about the nothingness of the day. In retrospect, I think each of us needed the nothing for one reason or another. The thing that perked me up was Missy saying no to Doug's Saturday offer. It's not entirely Missy-like to turn down a free-lobster-in-Sacramento adventure in exchange for lounging on our dingy old sofa with our stinky dogs for a whole day. Yay! Things are looking up considerably for us crazy kids. Anyway, we made up for our lack of action yesterday. Kevin carted us up to Reno in his rental (world's scariest driver...) and we tried for Vietnamese which ended up being closed ("no noodles today!" ) thus sending us to Chili's (where Missy's lesbian side came out about the waitress' ass, tweeking out Kevin) where we came up with the plan for our birthday (going to three different restaurants and getting an appetizer, entree, and dessert each from a different place with a complementing alcoholic beverage- aka getting the satisfaction of using our newly important IDs and not getting totally shnonkered 30 miles from home) then popped over to Barnes & Noble for Harry Potter (there is nothing more beautiful then stepping into a bookstore and wrapping your hands around a thick, freshly printed book... feeling the weight in your hands... being tantalized by the idea of losing yourself in a storyline... becoming a student of Hogwarts and watching every move of Harry Potter... ) then we went to Target for movie candy and went to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (which was totally nutters but funny as hell ) and onward home where us girls read and the boys played Yu-Gi-Oh. Kick ass weekend. So here I am back at work... BLAH! And if I hear Sue laugh one more time I just may snap... Argh... Hating... job... blech. And it doesn't look like we'll be getting any money from our blue car seeing as some dumbass blew it up... Funny really. Maybe we'll get more from insurance then we would selling it... That would be cool. Or we won't get anything. Either way, it's out of our driveway and we don't have to pay for repairs. So, I've talked too much. Bye bye! ~Jilli~

No comments:

Post a Comment