Wednesday, July 20, 2005

RetroPost: 7.20.05

{Saved from Xanga} I knew from the moment I sliced my thumb on the box of donuts this morning that today held oddities of a disastrous nature. Well, perhaps not disastrous. But certainly something off would be lurking in the shadows of the day as it progressed. I didn't have to wait very long. Just another half hour drive to see that the new girl's car wasn't in the parking lot again. I voiced the fact that if she kept this up, she would get fired, regardless of the fact that we're perpetually short-handed. Ah, but another few minutes took me inside where my two supervisors were standing behind the teller line with looks on their faces showing a mix of worry, incredulity and a slight whisper of jaded amusement. Seeing as I'm in a Harry Potter mindset at the moment, I'm beginning to view the receptionist position almost as the Defense Against the Dark Arts position. The girl that was originally hired for the position, Daylene, went to work in another branch one day, and never came back. So they gave the position to Jenn because she was pregnant at the time and wouldn't have to be on her feet. When she went on "maternity leave" (aka faking bed rest to get a long chunk of time off while still keeping her job), I got saddled with it, grumbling all the way. I hold the all time receptionist record, sitting there for SIX FRICKIN' MONTHS!!! Tho' I can't complain too much. I don't mind getting paid to sit there and go online all day. Anyway, even after Jenn got back, I stayed there since she was bringing her baby to work. After she quit, they had no choice but to bring me back to the teller line seeing as now, I was the teller with the most experience, aka the only teller. In the meantime, Faith was pushing them to hire Noah which was a mistake. I knew for a fact that he really didn't want the job, but against my advice, he got talked into it. He was receptionist for all of three days, while I was training in California, before he quit to go to a job he really wanted, which was really no job at all. Since they had already given my back my teller station, that I was going to hold onto for dear life, they plopped Kori down behind the front desk which she obviously loathed. Finally, they hired Adriana who seemed like a godsend. Someone with banking experience who was friendly, quick to learn, and spoke Spanish. Perfect! But here we are, a month later, and she's turned in her keys. This is quite hilarious, indeed. Who next, I wonder? And how long will they last?

No comments:

Post a Comment