Saturday, March 5, 2005

RetroPost: 3.4.05

{Saved from Xanga} I am so YAY! It's Friday!!! But this day is creeping by in a very blah way. Missy and Noah came over and we played DOA2 on Missy's xbox which I am very bad at... I'm bad at most video games but I am told I am cute while playing. Then I sorta dozed off while Noah and Billy played Halo. Not very eventful but happy. I did sorta go crazy nuts eating things for some reason. I'm special that way but I'm just going to go on my merry way and not beat myself up over it. I'll probably have soup for lunch and make Billy go on a walk with me. Or maybe I'll just adjust my work out schedule and do my lower body workout tonight. Either way we have to go through our pantry and see what we already have food wise so we don't waste our grocery money on stuff we already have. I really can't wait for tomorrow. It should be fun going to WinCo and remembering how it was when we were first on our own. Actually, I'm pretty much just looking forward to the work day ending so we can be together. I've been looking forward to taco night since we got those free tortillas. It's kind of cool being poor- sounds weird but when I just accepted it and concentrated my efforts on getting us by everything became a little sweeter. We do owe our friends a night out tho'- they've been footing the bill for like a month now. Anyway, just balancing the checkbook and budgeting our monthly income has become sort of a game for me. I mean, my high points this week have been eating soup 3 nights in a row and being really happy about it, free tortillas, a free movie at good ol' Fallon Theatres, hanging out with friends, taco night, and looking forward to a grocery expedition. It tickles me to be this amused. I got caught up in this blog today of a couple that has been married just a wee bit longer that us and they're messed up- money wise and relationship wise. I think Billy and I have a strange advantage since ever since we've been on our own, we've been together. There's never been a "my money, your money" dilemma. It's always been our money. All that growing up you're supposed to do after high school, we've done together. For Billy, a lot of it was while he was still in high school. It definately wouldn't work for everybody but it works for us! TGIF! Happy Lovey Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment