Tuesday, May 17, 2005

RetroPost: 5.17.05

{Saved from Xanga} Well, we're back and Disneyland was awesome! We had the best time ever. Food, Fun, Wonderful Memories... I love my life! I feel so random right now- thoughts are going around in my head that have no particular order. Let's try, shall we? First off, *The Trip*. I don't know what it is about all things Disney that make me feel childlike and sparkly. The parade, the fireworks, even the Aladdin show got me all misty-eyed and happy. Strangely enough, my mind keeps saying, "Write about the Monte Cristo sandwich..." So, hey. On the first day we ate at the Blue Bayou and I had a Monte Cristo sandwich for the first time in my life. Ham, turkey and Swiss, deep-fried, dusted with powdered sugar and served with blackberry jelly... The oddest, most delicious thing I have ever tasted. By far my favorite sandwich in the whole world now. Also on vacation, I started another Dean Koontz book. It is my trend to pick an author and read their books until I just can't take the genre anymore. Like way back when, I was reading Mary Higgins Clark until every story seemed the same. I also did that with V.C. Andrews, mainly because the real V.C. Andrews was a crazy nutjob with demented and twisted stories that your mind couldn't quite deal with but the fake V.C. Andrews wrote fluffy dopplegangers that got old fairly quickly. In this case tho', I am enthralled with each twist and turn that Koontz dishes out. So far I have read four and each one has been so entirely different from the last. Actually, I've read five but I was like 14 or 15 when I read the first one and I wasn't in my Author Loyalty stage like I am now. So I'll probably read that one again later on. I have such an obsessive personality... Seriously, tho', the one I'm reading right now I am enthralled with! If I were to go home right now, I would sit down and read to about the middle. It's odd. With these books, I start savoring the language and delaying the endings. It's a good thing the new Harry Potter comes out soon or I'd probably hurt myself. After I finish this book I should get the third Traveling Pants book or borrow that weird book from my dad so I don't get burned out... I do that. What a strange person I am. I really love me right now. It's a weird feeling. Before vacation, we went shopping for cute clothes which I feel content in. Unfortunately, I didn't buy any jeans, just capris (cuz I have cute ankles). But I 'm not allowed to wear capris to work and this week we're allowed to wear jeans everyday... So I feel dumpy since I have no jeans that fit. I have one pair that is too tight, one pair that is too big, and the ones that are just right are ugly and/or covered in paint. Ooh, look at me ramble. Good thing this is my private blog... No one will ever read it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry... ~ Jilli!

No comments:

Post a Comment