Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dejunkify Update

I forgot to mention that we also returned one eBay item and one Walmart purchase that have been sitting in our house unopened for awhile. Less stuff and money back... oh yeah! Plus, today I sold Bee's tummy time mat on craigslist making my profit for the last two days a grand total of $80. The person interested in the swing was a no show so that one's at a standstill for now. I also listed the cosleeper we didn't really use and it has potentially sold as well. Wheeeeeee for extra cash!
Now of course I have a conundrum to deal with. Do I throw this cash at debt or put it aside for the inevitable car repairs? I would love to make a chunky payment toward AmEx but I don't want to put the repairs on a credit card. I think I just answered my own question. I'll hold onto it and get the car into the shop. *sigh* Such is life.
Out of nowhere today Hubby decided he wanted to go thru the storage boxes we've had piled in the garage since we moved in and we made pretty decent progress in weeding out things to sell and trash. This worked out great since I wanted to set a personal deadline to get through it all. I'm looking at June 13 for planning a garage sale forcing us to plow through it in two months or less. Hopefully less.

No comments:

Post a Comment