Tuesday, August 2, 2005

RetroPost: 8.2.05

{Saved from Xanga} Good God, time passes way to quickly... Kevin left yesterday and it left us all more than a little melancholy. It is kind of nice having the house to ourselves again, tho'. Billy was sweet enough to realize I was feeling a little sick and a little sad about Kevin leaving while at the same time, feeling very drained from the last three weeks. So, being the sweetie that he is, he skipped class and spent the evening with me. Strangely, we both have subconsciously decided to do something to get healthy. I think it was that we spent a month goofing off and since we were getting back to just the two of us on the first day of a new month, it seemed like a good time to make some changes. So we went shopping for healthy food. Which was NOT a relaxing experience. Enlightening as it was, it was tiring!!! See, if we give Tasha cash, she'll give us double that in groceries with her food stamps. Since she's not the brightest when it comes to money (obviously, seeing as they're a welfare/rez family with a brand new Expedition...), we take advantage of it! Unfortunately, it was the first and about 80% of Fallon is on food stamps so it was PACKED. With a capital PACKED. We waited in line for a half hour! So, my elightenment. First off, I have discovered how odd it is to see the dregs of Fallon come up and go shopping. To see these unhealthy looking parents with their dirty, straggly kids with carts of fruit snacks, sugar cereal, soda, and Popsicles was a real eye-opener. I feel just that much more on top of things and blessed to have what we have. It's not much, but it's more than a lot of people have! Not just in material things, but common sense and money management skills. I pride myself in the way I handle our checkbook. It's my one wifely duty that I really excel at. (I can be smug sometimes... hee hee) Anyway, I also learned that I am so not ready for a kid. It was actually kind of a conflict of interest. On the one hand, there was Billy, my gentle giant of a husband, with a bright blue Snugli wrapped around him, looking down at our baby nephew, Chayse, cooing and making faces, bouncing up and down, positively glowing with baby love. It was so adorable. I know he's going to be an awesome dad. But on the other hand, there I was holding a spit-uppy baby while trying to drag two carts of groceries around while he got heavier and stinkier with each passing moment. No babies for us! -K- I gotta go... Jilli

No comments:

Post a Comment