Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mem-O-rieeeeeeees

So... I decided I needed to expand my PF blog perusal and thus ended up latching on to Make Love, Not Debt. ^_^ In the Debt Payoff-palooza that this year has been so far, I've been leaning to the "financial harmony within the marriage arrangement" side of things. I reread Debt-Proof Your Marriage, the book Aunt Teresa gave us as an anniversary gift a long while ago (pre-debt... ironic, really). I retained much more of it. Yesterday, on the advice of the Make Love, Not Debt-ers, I went to the library and checked out Smart Couples Finish Rich. Haven't started it yet, but this is where my PF education path is headed for now.
Anyway, what I'm really thinking about today is where we started. I was reading a MLND post from the beginning of their blog and they were transferring balances around to get better interest rates. That reminded me of back in the day when I had no clue... I can't even begin to fathom how much money I "robbed from Peter to pay Paul". So many many many cash advances were made with those handy dandy checks they used to send ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME (haven't seen any of those in a loooooong time...). Then I would pay bills and pay credit card payments. Egads. I don't think I can make myself go back and really think about that damage that did. We had our heads stuck in the sand for so long. We even had a motto: "Yay, debt!" We said it all the time and kinda laughed it off. *sigh* Blah. Never ever ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment