Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix*

{Saved from The Plot Hole}

ReRead: January 2010

Egads, this book took me FOREVER to read. I put that I read it in January 2010, which is true for the most part. I read the majority of this book in January, but I started it like, at the end of Novemeber 2009. Then I put it down and couldn't exactly get myself to pick it back up.
This book, to me, is like the red-headed stepchild of the whole series. It needs to be there, I suppose, but Harry's at that angsty age that no one really wants to revisit in their memories and the DADA teacher isn't exactly a blast to read. Plus, it had been a really long time since I read the first four, so I read those happily. Then, prior to the ReRead, I had only read the sixth book twice and the seventh book once and one reading each was aloud. So I was really looking forward to those. But first I had to muddle through the brick that is book five.
Ultimately, It took me about 2.5 weeks to get through the remaining 75% of the book.
It's not my favorite for sure. But I read it (x5) and I'll read it again!! Damn Professor Umbridge to hell, but I'll read this book again someday. (To Keiren most likely)
*Later, I'll be putting the authors to the books I read. But it's a little redundant to list the author for the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series that I read afterwards. J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potterx7. Stephenie Meyer wrote Twilightx4. *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment