Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

{Saved from The Plot Hole}

ReRead: January 24-30, 2010
The one an only time I read this book prior to the ReRead was outloud. I also started reading the book when I was starting to die, so I didn't really retain the first few chapters. I was most excited to ReRead this one, out of the whole series. I remembered stumbling through the end of the Outloud, crying and grieving for the characters I had come to love.
After stumbling through the first five books, I was shocked to knock out the last two as quickly as I did. But I couldn't stop. I stayed up late at night, I read while giving Keiren her bottle, I read while she splashed in the bath. During these ReReads, I realized that just because I was a mom, it didn't mean I had to tiptoe through a book solely during the small snippets of alone time that I eked out. Since I've jumped into this journey of ReReads, I think she's been picking up on the idea of reading. She'll pick up a book and "read" to herself, laughing from time to time. Or she'll read aloud to her stuffies. It makes me smile and glow. I may not be up for the "Mom of the Year" award, but if I can make her love reading like I do, my parents do, my grandma does, and so many others in my family... I would be thrilled!
I want her to like other things as well and not just be the shy bookworm that I was. I think in that way, Billy and I are a good set of parents. I can do books. He can do sports. A good balance really. I think missing out on either side would be a trajesty (tragedy/travesty) for Keiki. She can be the best of both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment