Thursday, May 7, 2009

Steps in the Right Direction... Sort of

Well, today was my day to clean our room once and for all... unfortunately, I used it frivolously for the most part. I did sort a bunch of laundry and get a few loads started but then I goofed off for a good part of the day. I get one day off a week, generally Wednesday, from being a SAHM and my mom takes the Bee. Because I'm so drained, I usually tend to screw around most of the day online or something equally nonsensical. Thus the piles of clutter we're living in... *sigh*
But not all was lost today. I did put together a couple of bags for the USPS food drive to hang on my mailbox Saturday. I also set up and automatic transfer of $10 to our ING account. In our current situation I suppose I will call it the beginning trickle of an emergency fund and a step toward one of my goals. Really tho', we desperately need to go to the dentist. We seriously haven't been to the dentist in oh... five years. That is so bad it is not even funny. Anyway, any dental insurance we get will require 6 months to a year after the initial dental visit to be able to do any major dental work. And we're going to need major dental work. I'm sure our dentist's grandchildren will go to college on the problems in our mouths. Life has been nuts and we just haven't gone. Now it's going to cost us a bundle when preventative care would've nipped most problems in the bud. Curse you health care in America!!! Needless to say, we can't afford to plop these expenses on a credit card and we sure can't pay it outright and we can't deal with another payment plan. So, I'm earmarking this as... the DENTAL FUND. It's not much but it's a start. I think Hubby's new job might have a HSA. If so, we're hopping on that so fast your head'll spin.
Also, today I FINALLY learned Excel. I know I know I'm a total loser for going this long. My computer class in high school vaguely went over it but I let it go over my head and haven't really tried to learn it since. But today I decided it had been long enough to be ridiculous so I found a free tutorial that didn't suck. Lo and behold not but halfway through the second lesson, I was able to put together a rockin' spreadsheet for our debt repayment. SQUEE!!! It really wasn't so hard ultimately... hee.
So that's it. Two steps the right way financially and a big fat stall organizationally. Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment