Tuesday, September 6, 2005

RetroPost: 9.6.05

{Saved from Xanga} So, I don't usually think about the world- what's going on outside my safe little bubble in Northern Nevada- but since I've become kind of a devoted reader of several blogs I've looked into a few things I wouldn't have otherwise. On MSN Spaces, there's a blog of an ER vet that tends to get me a little misty eyed since I'm a huge animal lover. All animals, great and small, pull on my heartstrings. If I was decent at math and science I probably would've considered a vetrinary career. But I'm not, so I didn't. Anyway, I was reading it today and she talked about watching the news and seeing people being rescued from their rooftop after Hurricane Katrina and they had to leave their lab. I was practically in tears. I had to pull myself together really quickly, but I can't get that out of my head. I couldn't even imagine having to leave behind even one of our babies for any reason. Anyway, because of reading that I ended up donating to a charity that helps animals during disasters. I'm feeling kinda fuzzy about it. God help the victims, on two legs and on four.

No comments:

Post a Comment