Monday, February 14, 2005

RetroPost: 2.14.05

{Saved from Xanga} I guess I've come to the nonchalant point where I'm just so pissed off I'm happy about it. Bring it on! We're so in looooooove!!! We have TWELVE DOLLARS in our checking account. That's me trying to make in look bigger than it really is. Oh! In that case, I'll write the actual balance. ELEVEN DOLLARS AND NINETY-FIVE CENTS!!! We've been poor before. Very poor. But never before have so many expensive and horrible things piled on in such a short period of time. First, we we're poor to start with. But we were going to pull out by February. Our car registration was due this month. $150. The gas bill came in the mail and they raised rates making it over $200 even though we used less. Nevertheless, we we're still poor but out tax refund was going to pull us out of our slump. But! Then there wasn't one. We had to pay... It was going to be OK though since we don't have to pay for that until April and my mom did fancy footwork to bring it down from $500 to $76. Thus, we change the exemptions on our W4s so that doesn't happen again. In doing so, tho', our take home pay goes down. Not a lot, but enough to make it sting. So, February was going to be tight but we were going to make it. Then the car broke down. Another $500 added to the amount we owe my parents. We got the car back and found out the damn thing needed new tires. Another $150. We paid that outright with Billy's commission check even tho' that money was supposed to go to the new washer and dryer fund. Either way, I'll be damned if I stop making regular transfers to the savings account. I am NOT carting our laundry to Fallon any longer than I have to and we're going to Disneyland in May GODDAMMIT!! We ransacked our $100 cushion to add to savings. God please. Give us strength to endure this tough time. (A nice windfall wouldn't be so bad either, but I can deal with strength!) *Jilli*

No comments:

Post a Comment