Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Bee!

Well, it's slipped past midnight now officially making it my Baby Bee's first birthday!!! This time last year, I was awake and excited and scared and blissfully unaware of the tumultuous day of emergencies that would bring my Bee into the world...
We're holding off on celebrating until this weekend but I think that's more appropriate anyway. The day she was born was by no means the happiest day of our lives. Any day that my child and I almost die cannot be considered happy. Blessed. We'll say it was the most blessed day of our lives- we came out OK on the other side and for the second year in a row, God let me keep on living even though there was doubt.
I often forget how blessed and lucky I am to be alive and to have a healthy and beautiful daughter. So many aspects of our life right now can overshadow how good we really have it.
If none of the emergencies in the last couple of years had happened, we wouldn't be in debt, it's true. But if that's what it took to get my Bee into my arms, $25000 is a small price to pay.
I love you Baby Bee. Thank you for letting me be your mommy. Happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment