Thursday, October 29, 2009

State of the Union ~ October 2009

A little early, but not much else should go down in the next two days (hopefully ^_^).

Current goal progress report:

Have the house in complete working order aka "be fully moved in" ~ Adequate Progress
Nothing really major was accomplished in October as far as the house goes but I did keep up with the organizational routines that have already been established. I started the routine of fixing the bed everyday, the house has stayed (reasonably) tidy, and we hung up the art for the bedroom that has been sitting in the closet for over a year. I plan on having the organization overhaul complete before Thanksgiving.

Have Bee's birth completely paid off ~ Adequate Progress
Made payments as usual. Paid off the actual delivery!!! Woot! Still owe on hospital stay. Current amount left: $369.73

Establish a working grocery budget ~ Adequate Progress
In my new budget, I worked out a "Food & Household" cash envelope. This has only been in play for one pay period and has been working relatively well so far. I will call this a success when it becomes routine.

Have $500 in an emergency fund ~Needs VAST improvement
Still one big, fat goose egg in our emergency fund. A bonus looms on the horizon for Billy. I'll believe it when I see it. If it does come to fruition, I will fully fund the EF to $1000, checking off a goal for this and next quarter.

Also done in October... Created a true budget, started a Total Money Makeover-ish debt plan, and lost five pounds ^_^. On the bad side, had $338 in car repairs that were not planned for. Oh how we need an emergency fund!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment