Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I See the Light

Since last I wrote, we had a smashing garage sale and sold a bed on craigslist. Total take in the last four days: $550! Yeah! With this money, another total wipe of savings, and the first paycheck with the raise on it... WE CAUGHT UP ON OUR BILLS. AND THEN SOME. I am so happy!!! Not to mention we are just one day away from completely organizing the garage.
Unfortunately, the garage sale exploded our house. Today, Billy and I worked our butts off to get back to where we were. And our bedroom is thisclose to being completely put together. I am so thrilled.
With money set aside to pay for the first payment of our new medical bill >_<, we'll actually be able to budget for it come November. I'm crossing my fingers that Billy gets a commission check of some substance at the end of the year. At the moment it just seems like a carrot they're waving in front of him that will never come to fruition. With that check (hopefully) we can still pay off all our medical bills by December plus maybe completely pay back my parents. So... I've been thinking about what I want my new goals to be as my old goals were kind of silly. So here's the list I've come up with for the next three and six months.


By December 31 I want to:
Have the house in complete working order aka "be fully moved in"
Have Bee's birth completely paid off
Establish a working grocery budget
Have $500 in an emergency fund



By March 31 I want to:
Be under $20K in debt
Have $1000 in an emergency fund
Be at or under my pre-pregnancy weight

I was going to have "catch up on all bills" as a goal for December but I whipped that one already! And it feels sooooo good... ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment