Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So Sick of Firsts

My dinner is turning sour in my stomach as we speak.
We hit another financial first today (yesterday actually but I just found out). To add to the growing list of 2009 horrors... our first maxed out credit card complete with a spill right over to over the limit plus the fee. With Billy's commute we've been unlucky enough to have to put the gas on a credit card that was already pretty full. Well, we've reached the end of that. Now I have to figure out how to scrape up enough to cover the minimum payment plus bring the balance low enough so that when the interest is posted next month, we're not over the limit again. This will be at least $120 total. The extra $30 above the minimum payment just may have to come out of our fledgling emergency fund. ;_;
I know we're making (sloooooooooooow) progress. I know we won't have to float commuting expenses once Billy starts making commission. But I really feel like we're drowning. It's like our heads are being shoved underwater until we're about to pass out and then we're allowed one deep breath before being shoved under again. It makes you wonder... is it really worth the fight?
Also another first... I'm consciously skipping my annual doctor visit. We just cannot afford it. How sick is that? I haven't missed an annual exam EVER. And I've been being all responsible like since I was almost 17. Good lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment