Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Suck With Money

There was this time I used to think I was good with money. We did have two incomes at the time but they actually added up to less than just Billy makes now. So that wasn't it - no, we had very little in the way of expenses and also very little in the way of having a frickin' clue. Oh and we didn't have credit cards. Then when we did, we paid them in full every month. But that didn't mean I was good with money.
When we saved money, it was for big fat vacations or big fat purchases. Not for emergencies.

Financial Confessions:


  1. When I was 22, I cashed in my 401k to go to Disneyland. >_<

  2. The money we had in savings that we actually did use for an emergency was originally earmarked for a pre-planned trip to Disney World. We still went on the trip with $0 in savings and proceeded to pay for everything by credit card. It still hasn't been paid off and that was two years ago. >_<

  3. The money I set aside to pay for the birth of Baby Bee got raided so we could send SIL 2 of 4 and her gaggle to a state far far away. While this was wonderful for our mental health, I still felt slighted... so we spent the rest on a Babymoon to Hawaii. >_<

I. Am. Dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment