Saturday, August 22, 2009

Not Making Anything Any Better ;_;

I have gone crazy bananas in the last week or so with....... credit cards. I am so horribly ashamed of myself. I have put $135 worth of purchases on a credit card in the last week. What a disgusting step backward. This can be broken down into: $54 on two outfits at Old Navy, $50 in groceries, $20 on a haircut, and $11 on dinner out. Really I just reached a point of being so angry that we have NO spending money, NO wiggle room. Try as we might, we just can't make ends meet.
The good news of the last two weeks is that Billy got a sizeable raise. YAY! The bad news is that since the last three months of paychecks have included a "signing bonus" his paychecks will basically be the same. So really if he didn't get his fat raise (Thank you thank you Lord) we'd be officially drowning. Actually, I just did a paycheck calulator and his checks could possibly be $75 more each week than we have been getting. Oh I hope it's right! An extra $75 could help tremendously.
Things I have done right this last pay period were getting back on track with frugal hacking at stores. Walgreens had a higher OOP since I haven't done it in a looooong time but I got about $13 worth of stuff for $7 plus $6 in Register Rewards so not too bad. I frugal hacked Target for the first time since it's so far away. It paid off but HOOBOY was it a hassle. I went through two checkers and two managers to make it go but I got out of there with $15-$20 worth of stuff for $4. It would've been less but Billy came along and bought PopTarts. At least they were on sale. I also have $13 pending in survey money.
So really, I haven't fallen off the wagon completely but I'm not proud of myself in any way. I gotta keep this attitude of entitlement under control. NO, I'm not entitled to whatever I want. I need to pay for the mistakes I've already made.

No comments:

Post a Comment