Friday, January 14, 2011

>Overwhelmed

I am so not good at this.
Keiren is at that transition point where I was getting super comfortable with what and who she was, and now she's a whole new kid. And I'm not adjusting well.
Don't get me wrong, the new sleeping schedule is FANTASTIC and the self-inflicted drop of most bottles is more than I could've asked for. It's just the flat out responsibility that this is engaging that scares me. She's not a baby anymore. My job is not caring for her every physical need anymore. I don't have to do everything for her anymore. My whole life revolved around feedings, diaper changes, and whatnot for so long, and even though she's been shedding that for so long, in essence she was still a baby. But not anymore. Not at all. All these things are on the way out and strangely, I'm responsible for so much more now. It's not just a "keep the baby alive and make sure she doesn't cry" thing. Now I'm responsible for teaching.
Potty training. Preschool. These are at the forefront now and I'm freaking out. I have no idea how to do this. I can feel myself shutting down again. I have no idea where to start in any of this. But I have to do it. And I have to do it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment